Yuan's mixed portrait made by my friend Jandy

Yuan's mixed portrait made by my friend Jandy
Thanks, Jandy!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

KAWASAKI DISEASE

My baby was diagnosed to have Kawasaki Disease last November 28, 2009. Since then, he has undergone treatment and medication. By January, he'll have another set of tests to check if the infection is gone. We're hopeful that he'll be completely ok by then. I promise to share our family's story, the whole KD experience so that other parents like me will be able to handle it better.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm glad that your son is ok now. He's a fine kid.

    My nephew, Kian, Kim's son was diagnosed with KD too. I have never heard of it at that time and ask my friend to google it immediately. My friend told me in brief words: 'Respect the way of the samurai. Blood will explode in your nerves, something like that.'

    http://multiply.com/mu/govinda/image/2/photos/24/600x600/23/SANY0990.JPG?et=%2CaBg77cJ622c%2CDzyTo2F8w&nmid=285737163

    I was afraid back then. The doctor required IVIG treatment. IVIG is quite rare at that time for no drugstore would invest on this one. Its quite expensive. We were in dire financial straits. This was best part that I liked at that time:
    1. The doctor knew someone who would sell IVIG in partials.
    2. Kim got hired and her medical benefits got active immediately. Kian was already in his second week and
    and
    3. My mother made it sure that the IVIG treatment was right on schedule.

    I'm the runner. I remember it well, it was raining and yung bahay nung nagbebenta, sa Meycauayan Poblacion, baha pappunta sa kanila. So I have to go thru that.

    Kian got out after a total stay of one month with tests and xrays schedules. We are really glad. Kian's Primary Complex Treatment is already done.

    Well, life is important. Family is life.

    ReplyDelete